Physical Problems of Old Age
Old age phenomenon has many factors that may lead to such problems at where people might feel the urge not to leave their homes and live in it for as long as they do not expire.
If we define the terminologies of elderly people, then we should be doing it in such a way that they feel comfortable about how we are going to remember them in the first place.
The definitive measures of old age people are the people who have done all the things in their life which they did to make people happy such as their parents, their lovers, their children, and never tried to take care of themselves as they have done for the people that have surrounded them all their life. Still, as for now, when they need someone to be with them – there is no one to give them the support, the love, the urge to make them feel important, and above all – to be with them in hard times.
When we talk about old age people, we need to see them and compare them to others that we see in our daily life. Some can be compared to toddlers, or the children in our life. You may be thinking about why we have compared the children and toddlers with the old age people? The reason behind this is they both are straightforward in terms of talking and knowing things. They do not care about how you feel and what you feel. Instead, they only care about what they want in the first place, and above all, they want attention, love, and care the same as you do. They get jealous. They feel unloved when you do not provide them with enough time and place for them to cherish the moments they may have with you in the first place.
Problems do not only stand for toddlers, but it does stand with the old age people, and it can consist of many of the factors such as physical, mental, cognitive, and many others.
Since we are here to talk about the physical problems, we should know that the elderly are in a of their lives in which their body does not respond the same as it did when they were young or when they were teenagers.
Physical problems that can be of different measures are as follow for the people of the old age community and what it can do to them as well:
- Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis are the first factors that physical problems of old age can get familiar with. It is the feeling or the problem that an old age person deals with while having the thinning and shrinkage in their bones when they get old. The physical posture also changes in the osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis because of the bone thinning and shrinkage in the joints which might give the results of stooping posture which can become the greater susceptibility of factors like not walking at all and just staying at one place because osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis do this to elderly.
- Uncontrolled hypertension, chronic diseases such as heart disease, and diagnosed arthritis are the various factors that can be of problematic measures in the old age people as the study suggests that of all the older adults, the average one does have at least one chronic disease which can be a reason of a bigger physical problem.
- The chronic mucus hyper secretion is what the world calls CMH. It is the disease that older people have in common. It is the phenomenon of coughing, which can lead to the bringing up of routine of the sputum is the most common respiratory problem in the old age or older people.
- The most common in the elderly and old age people is the dental problem where they have less saliva and less oral hygiene which can occur in this age due to weaker immune system, and it leads to nowhere. Still, tooth decay and tooth infection and it did increase its chances as well.
- The aging have physical digestive issues as they have a digestive disorder such as they urge to swallow. Still, it is difficult to do so, the disability to eat and have proper nutrition can lead to bigger physical problems, and it can also be a reason for constipation and bleeding.
- The uncontrollable shaking routine in the upper body of the elder age people is common as it is what the world calls it as ET – Essential Tremor. It is common, and the reason is still unknown.
- The biggest and foremost issue in the physical problem of the older and older people is of eyesight issues where older people cannot see anything. The most common eyesight issue in old age and older people is of presbyopia. It occurs at the age of 50 and can occur after the age of 50 as well and it eliminates the possibility of learning or seeing the small prints in low light. Hence, the speed at which a normal person can read will vary from the speed at which an older person can read due to presbyopia, and they will also not be capable of identifying the objects because of this.
- The old age people have more risks of falling than a younger one – it is because of their eyesight and physical factors, and it does have this authenticity that the old age people might have more risks of having physical injuries than the young ones because of their bone structure and immunity system that does not work well and up to the mark as in the younger ones do.
- The urge to walk faster changes in the old age people and it is called Galt change. The velocity-time phenomenon, as compared to the younger ones, is slower and takes more time to focus and walk for the people of old age.
- The thinner gray hair is typical in the aging process due to physical impairments of their scalp as it does not work as same as it does in the younger ones.